Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Talk is indeed cheap..and sometimes crap

This morning I was driving my car to work and I heard one of the topic discussed by the morning show DJs :

"If you love someone, should you change him/her or should you just accept them as who they are."

..so there was this one female caller who said something like this:
"well if you love someone, you shouldn't expect to change the person you love, but instead because of love...you YOURSELF MUST CHANGE in the name of love...." (..and i thought to myself..what a romantic sensible girl..) "...for example if your girlfriend told you smoking is BAD for health, you should change because you love your girlfriend..."

What?! She's talking all the good things..then suddenly blurted the actual truth in the relationship - instead of HER accepting that the boyfriend is a smoker, she's expecting HIM to change. All so conveniently-neatly-gift wrapped in the name of love...wtf?

Typical. Thats what I said to myself (with my eyes rolling..).



I read a column somewhere too in which a woman wrote something like this :

"Dear Doc, I'm a woman 27yrs of age and consider myself a very open minded person. As a career woman of the millineum i'm all too aware of the open mindedness that is required....bla bla bla..."

"My greatest problem currently is because my boyfriend loves to put pictures of naked women as his desktop wallpaper. It's not that I oppose that the picture could be readily available anywhere on the web, but...bla bla bla" signed Miss Millenium.

And the Doc's answer was something like this..

"Dear Miss Millenium, ....as you had declared yourself to be open minded, you should be understanding enough to be aware that the pictures are in abundance in the web and by putting it on the screen of your boyfriend's PC will not hurt your relationship..as he is not going out with another woman... As such you should not worry as there is no harm in his habits of displaying or having possession of such pictures."

Yeah well... talk about bullshitting. Some kinda 'open mindedness' you wanna brag about missy... this is just a case of one of those 'talk is cheap'. Well because the nature of the talk is cheap...that's why sometimes most of it sounds like crap too.. ^_~"


No comments: